Looking for a post-gym snack or an alternative to chocolate for that mid-arvo slump? Protein-rich snacks fuel your muscles and keep you feeling fuller for longer.
Commercial protein snacks are often loaded with artificial flavours and sweeteners, soy protein isolate and loads of other ‘food-like products’. Why pay lots of money for fake-food when your home-made goodies will pack in the protein and still make you feel great!
Whether you’re after recipes using various kinds of protein powder or protein-rich dairy products, there’s going to be a protein ball, bar, cookie or mousse for every craving! I guarantee you’ll like these better than any gym protein bar.
All recipes specify their suitability for different dietary needs.
DF = dairy free EF = egg free GF = gluten (and wheat) free GrF = grain free NF = nut free
SF = soy free WF = Wheat free Veg = vegetarian V = vegan Raw = raw food
Asterisk (e.g. GF) denotes recipe can be suitable for dietary needs with some substitution.
- Almond Freezer Protein Balls EF, GF, SF, Veg
- Banana Hemp Crackers
- High Protein Berry Mousse EF, GF, SF, Veg, WF
- High Protein Orange & Passionfruit Mousse EF, GF, SF, WF, Veg
- High Protein Pineapple & Ginger Popsicles EF, GF, NF, SF, WF, Veg
- Home-Made Protein Brownies DF, EF, GF, NF, SF, V, Veg
- Home-Made Protein Cookies DF, EF, SF, Veg
- Oat & Date Protein Cookies DF, EF, NF, SF, Veg, V, WF