These kale chips are my kryptonite. While I love to blend or saute my kale, I could hoover up a whole bunch of kale after dehydrating these curried bites of heaven. Yeah, these kale chips aren’t going to last long today!
These curried kale chips have a crispy consistency somewhere between a classic potato chip and popcorn, but with a load more nutrition! Kale’s a bonafide superfood and is rich in vitamin K, vitamin A, carotenoids (beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin), flavonoids (kaempferol) and B vitamins. Flavoured with a curried cashew ‘cheese’ mix whipped up in your blender (I use and recommend the Optimum blender range available for purchase here), this has got to be one of the most delicious ways to get more greens in your belly!
If you’ve got a dehydrator at home, this is the very next recipe you need to use it for – if not sooner. If you don’t own one that’s ok too, just follow the baking instructions from here – it’ll work for this recipe too.
- 1 large head of kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- ½ cup cashews (preferably soaked overnight and dried)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp miso paste OR savoury yeast flakes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup water
- Place kale in a large bowl, put aside. Line dehydrator trays with teflex sheets or baking paper. In a blender or food processor blend all other ingredients until mixture forms a paste.
- Pour cashew 'cheese' mixture over kale and massage in well to coat all kale pieces.
- Lay kale in a single layer, without overlapping on prepared dehydrator sheets and dehydrate for 115F for 8-12 hours or until crunchy. Store in an airtight container and consume within one week.
This post is linked to Meatless Mondays, Natural Living Mondays, Recipe Sharing Monday, My Meatless Mondays, The Gathering Spot, Fat Tuesday, Simply Indulgent Tuesdays, Tasteful Tuesdays, Traditional Tuesdays, Healthy 2Day Wednesdays, Real Food Wednesday, Waste Not Want Not Wednesdays, Tasty Traditions, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, Thank Your Body Thursday, Raw Food Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Fight Back Friday, Wellness Weekend, Let’s Get Real Friday, Whole Food Fridays.