My sincere apologies for the cancellation of last week’s Blender Party everyone. For reasons out of my control I wasn’t going to be able to fully manage the party last week and felt it was best to give you all my full attention this week instead.
Without further ado, lets light up the sparklers and throw the streamers around to get this Blender Party Started! Feel free to post your real drink recipes, share wellness advice, find new blogs and meet new people. I’ll be posting a recipe weekly as well, pinning all the linked posts to the Blender Party Pinterest board and selecting 3 entries to highlight from the previous week’s post. Please also note, I’ve also started a new beverages Pinterest group board for anyone interested in contributing, follow me on Pinterest and then drop me an email with your Pinterest handle at firstname.lastname@example.org for an invite. Once you’ve joined, feel free to invite your blogger friends too!
I loved all the submissions from the last party, which makes it all the more difficult to pick which three to showcase to you all! I always recommend checking out all the posts from last time in the event you missed any of them, with these three being my favourites that I’ve earmarked to try as soon as possible – some creamy, dreamy Cashew Milk Smoothies by I Spy Plum Pie, tangy and healing Bulletproof Beet Kvass by Tribal Mama and a zesty and tropical Lemon Mango Smoothie from Apples and Ginger. Thanks for sharing your fabulous recipes everyone, you continue to delight me with you wonderful creations!
What was your favourite party favour from the last link-up?
Cashew Milk Smoothies – I Spy Plum Pie
Bulletproof Beet Kvass – Tribal Mama
Lemon Mango Smoothie – Apples and Ginger
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party Guidelines:
For full blog party explanation and guidelines please click here.
- The Weekend Wholefood Blender Party will start at 8pm Saturdays and end at 8pm Thursdays (AEST). Enter up to 3 links for your juices, smoothies, teas, fermented drinks etc. (see here for more info). Link to your specific post and link back to the party, with a text link or button (available on the sidebar). Please leave a comment and visit some other posted links that pique your interest. The social media tags #wwbp or #wholefoodblenderparty may be used to promote the party with your followers.
- Three featured posts will be chosen each week. Posts are also promoted on the Om Nom Ally social media channels including the Blender Party Pinterest board. Only posts linking back to the Blender Party are eligible for promotion and features.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party (18)
Ally’s Party Favour: Super Berry Protein Shake
This is one of my go-to summer smoothie recipes, as I’ve always got fresh or frozen berries on hand. I prefer to use milk kefir in my dairy-based smoothies these days for a probiotic punch, but you can use any dairy or non-dairy beverage that tickles your fancy for this recipe!
- 1 cup milk kefir (or milk or non-dairy beverage)
- 1 scoop whey protein (or any protein powder)
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup strawberries
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tsp acai berry powder
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender (such as the Optimum series blenders) and serve in a tall glass. Serves 1.
Latest posts by Alison Murray (see all)
- Whole Grain Chocolate Banana Cake with Homemade Chocolate Syrup - April 20, 2015
- Overnight Mocha Chia Pudding with Coconut & Cherry - April 13, 2015
- Product Review: Norbu Natural Sweetener + Raspberry Oatbran Cookies - March 30, 2015
- Spiralised Zucchini Noodles with Bolognese - March 17, 2015
- Muddled Mixed Berry & Lime Popsicles - March 9, 2015