I’m all about craving food at really inappropriate times, and it’s really too cold here in Melbourne to be craving popsicles (13C days, 3C nights). Soon enough it will be summer though and daydreams of pineapple, coconut and ginger always help this shivering blogger get through these cold, cold days. Well, that and walking around the block on my lunch break to catch some sunshine, looking at photos of Hawaii and wishing for impromptu getaway and sitting at my laptop right now wearing 2 jumpers to warm up.
While it’s evident that I hate cold weather, I do love freezing cold popsicles as this dessert is always guaranteed to be a fun recipe to mix up in your blender (I use a high-powered Froothie Optimum 9200 for best results). You can go for smooth and creamy, flavoured and icy and even add in some fruit chunks if you’re feeling adventurous with a recipe. This one’s even that little bit better than normal thanks to it’s blended cottage cheese and coconut flour base. Dessert hardly feels like dessert at all when it’s also high in protein and fibre!
Now let’s all grab a popsicle, hundle in front of the heater and wish for my sake that warmer weather turns up sooner than expected. Knowing my luck though, when summer does arrive, I’ll start craving piping hot soups and stews 😛
- ½ medium pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 250g cottage cheese
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 cm knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Pour into popsicle moulds and freeze for at least 6 hours.
Latest posts by Alison Murray (see all)
- Product Review: Top Juice Cold-Pressed Juices - September 3, 2015
- Recipe Redux: Roasted Capsicum Soup with Kale, Barley & White Beans - August 22, 2015
- Turkish Apricot & Coconut Energy Balls - August 15, 2015
- Recipe Redux: Black Bean Chilli Pot Pie with Cumin Sweet Potato Crust - June 22, 2015
- Product Review: Restaurantware Eco Friendly Tablewear + Beetroot, Sweet Potato & Chickpea Salad with Herbed Yoghurt Dressing + Berry-Beet Rooibos Smoothie - May 31, 2015