I’ve had a few emails from blogs I subscribe to today with their 2012 roundups of popular posts. One thing I noticed was that even being a regular reader I had somehow missed a lot of great recipes and articles. Others I had forgotten to read in more depth after a quick glance and mental note to return later.
I wasn’t sure if I would do a roundup this year, I felt my energy pulled between work, study and more pleasurable activities all year and didn’t get to post as often as I really wanted to. Many draft posts went unfinished and I “got over” some meals or ingredients before I got to write them up.
As motivation for a creative and food-fueled 2013 I’ve decided to do it. All the recipes in this post were published because I truly enjoyed them, and thought you might too!
- Raw Seduction Chocolate Pudding – because who doesn’t love a) pudding, b) chocolate and c) a dessert that’s ready in 5 min!
(DF, EF, GF, R, SF, V)
- 5 Ingredient Tuscan Soup – fast and easy to slap together, this in one of the most popular dinner options on Om Nom Ally and rightfully so. It’s delicious and very fuss free. All you need is pumpkin and some seasoning from the pantry.
(DF*, EF, GF, NF*, SF*, V)
- Vegan Banana Scones – a yummy vegan scone made with coconut oil that is every bit as flaky and soft as those made with butter and milk!
(DF, EF, GF*, NF, SF, WF*, V)
- Home-made Chocolate Protein Brownies – made with ricotta, these are the second most popular post on Om Nom Ally (after my Home-made Protein Cookies)
(DF*, EF, GF, NF, SF*, V*, Veg)
- Cauli-broc and Cheeze – a classic snack turned vegan and tossed around with broccoli and cauliflower. Think of it as a decadent snack food from your childhood, but maqde for health-minded adults.
DF. EF, GF, NF, SF, V
- Oat & Date Protein Cookies - yes, yes it’s another protein snack, but you guys loved it! These ones are perfect to eat pre-workout, you’ll have to read the post to find out why
(DF, EF*, NF, SF, Veg, V*, WF)
- Grain-free Strawberry & Goji Muesli - I can’t stop eating this. I love it, and from the wonderful feedback I keep getting, I’m not the only one!
(DF, EF, GF, NF, Raw* SF, V)
- Rustic Fresh Strawberry Cake – because everyone needs a great fruit-based cake recipe in their repertoire. Also because it looks so darn pretty!
(DF, EF, GF, NF or SF, V)
- Beef, Lentil & Mushroom Pies – very hearty, very tasty. What better way to beef up (excuse the pun!) the nutritional content of a standard meat pie than with vegies and tender lentils.
(DF, EF*, GF*, NF, SF)
As well as these old goodies, there is plenty more coming in 2013.
I’ve got a delicious raw dish to share with you tomorrow and I’ve been spending some time updating my recipes archive page thinking about what the blog is missing. The answer is refreshing beverages, satisfying soups, snacks and appetisers and lots of hearty mains – all of which you can expect more of in 2013.
More Great Food Articles From Around the Net
Latest posts by Alison Murray (see all)
- Sourdough Bread for Beginners - July 27, 2014
- Making a Sourdough Starter From Scratch – Day 7 + Sourdough Banana Choc Nib Waffles - July 26, 2014
- Making a Sourdough Starter From Scratch – Day 6 - July 25, 2014
- Making a Sourdough Starter From Scratch – Day 5 - July 24, 2014
- The Wholefood Blender Party – Blenderpalooza - July 24, 2014