Pwhoar, it’s 8am on Sunday as I type this and it’s already HOT, HOT, HOT. 32C to be exact. Today is also the day I’d earmarked to tidy and pack up my vegetable garden in preparation for moving house. Don’t think that’s happening today 😉
What IS happening today is another installment of the Weekend Wholefood Blender Party (whoop, whoop!) where we share our favourite wholefood drink recipes. It’s like a Tupperware party for healthy foodies except the only thing we’re trying to sell you is the desire to make the most nutritious and amazing drinks on the planet!
Feel free to post your real drink recipes, share wellness advice, find new blogs and meet new people. I’ll be posting a recipe weekly as well, pinning all the linked posts to the Blender Party Pinterest board and selecting 3 entries to highlight from the previous week’s post. The February giveaway is still running, please feel free to enter before you leave – check the updated guidelines as Pinterest has changed their policies in the last few days.
There’s a whole lot of smoothie action in the features this week, including a creamy, dreamy Paleo Key Lime Pie Smoothie from Tessa the Domestic Diva, a dessert Vegan Carrot Cake Smoothie by Coconut and Berries that will have you swearing off the baked version for life and some Raw Milkshake Love from Wholehearted Eats that will make you feel great and provide you with more nourishment than any run-of-the-mill milshake!
Thanks for joining in the Blender Party last week everyone, you all brought along such delicious and inventive recipes 😀
What’s your favourite party favour from last week’s link-up?
Paleo Key Lime Pie Smoothie –
Tessa the Domestic Diva
Vegan Carrot Cake Smoothie –
Coconut and Berries
Triple-click the html code to the right then copy and paste to show off the Blender Party featured posts button on your posts or sidebar.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party Guidelines:
For full blog party explanation, guidelines and giveaway rules please click here.
- The Weekend Wholefood Blender Party will start at 12pm Sundays and end at 8pm Thursdays (AEST). Enter up to 3 links for your juices, smoothies, teas, fermented drinks etc. (see here for more info). Link to your specific post and link back to the party, with a text link or button (available on the sidebar). Please leave a comment and visit some other posted links that pique your interest. The social media tags #wwbp or #wholefoodblenderparty may be used to promote the party with your followers.
- Three featured posts will be chosen each week. Posts are also promoted on the Om Nom Ally social media channels including the Blender Party Pinterest board. Only posts linking back to the Blender Party are eligible for promotion and features.
- Each Blender Party post you link up in February is worth 10 competition entries, with a maximum of 30 entries available per week (3 post links) into the February $50 prize draw. A bonus monthly $30 voucher is available for both readers and bloggers who share the Blender Party through social media, available once daily for 1 entry each. Click here for full details and use the Rafflecopter form towards the end of this post to complete your giveaway entries during February.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party (12)
All participating bloggers are eligible for entries in the $50 voucher giveaway, with a total of 3 recipes per week. Additionally, bloggers and readers may also complete entries for the bonus $30 voucher prizes by sharing the Blender Party via Twitter by using the following Rafflecopter form.
Ally’s Party Favour: Make Your Own Green Smoothie Cubes
We currently have a fairy small fridge, and I often need to prioritise what fruit and veg I can store in it. Making green smoothie cubes is a great way to clear up some room in the fridge, as I often buy beets with leaves, kale and spinach in the same week for different recipes.
While I used to use my juicer to make these cubes, I found they freeze a lot easier if you blend your greens with a little water. Using these smoothie cubes is as simple as throwing a handful in with your daily smoothie ingredients and blitzing it all up! Tada, instant green smoothie 😀
- 1 bunch of greens (kale, spinach, beet greens, silverbeet etc)
- 1 cup water
- Roughly cut up your greens, discarding any stems and wash under running water. Add to bowl of your blender until loosely packed to the top rim. Add 1 cup of water. If you can only fill half way up blender, use ½ cup water and etc.
- Blend on high until smooth, then pour into 2 ice cube trays. Freeze for several hours or until overnight and 'crack' icecubes out of tray into storage container. Keep frozen until needed.
- Add a handful of Green Smoothie Cubes to your favourite smoothie recipes instead of normal ice cubes.
Latest posts by Alison Murray (see all)
- Recipe Redux: Black Bean Chilli Pot Pie with Cumin Sweet Potato Crust - June 22, 2015
- Product Review: Restaurantware Eco Friendly Tablewear + Beetroot, Sweet Potato & Chickpea Salad with Herbed Yoghurt Dressing + Berry-Beet Rooibos Smoothie - May 31, 2015
- Product Review: Ellovi Mint Chocolate Butter + Lip Butter - May 21, 2015
- Whole Grain Chocolate Banana Cake with Homemade Chocolate Syrup - April 20, 2015
- Overnight Mocha Chia Pudding with Coconut & Cherry - April 13, 2015