I’m having one of those rare moments where I can’t think of much to say. I’ve got my Pomegranate & Pear Kefir Spritzer to sip on in this hot weather and a puppy at my feet soaking up some sunshine through our bay windows. I can already tell it’s going to be a lazy day and I couldn’t be happier 🙂
Things aren’t all boring though as this week is the start of a exciting development for the Weekend Wholefood Blender Party –>> a February giveaway! I’ve been so amazed by, and grateful of all the enthusiastic bloggers who have linked up over the past 10 weeks and to show my appreciation I’ve been thinking of what I could give back for their time and effort.
Therefore, from this week for all of February, all bloggers who join the party will be eligible to enter the February giveaway for $50 Paypal money or a gift voucher to the online retailer of their choice. Each post you link up is worth a whopping 10 entries, with a maximum of 30 entries available to each blogger per week. To be eligible for entry the post must conform to all the party guidelines found here or in brief below.
Week 10 of the Blender Party was a small, yet lively affair and three of my favourite bloggers brought their best-ever party favours – there was 25 Pumpkin Smoothie Recipes from Urban Naturale that could convince anyone that pumpkin isn’t just for soup and pies, a Big Green Breakfast Bowl from Wholehearted Eats that wouldn’t look out of place for a healthy dessert either and a Kiwi Sunflower Sprout Smoothie from The Clean Dish that will leave you wondering why you had been blending up your sprouts sooner!
Thanks for joining in the Blender Party last week lovelies, you all brought along such delicious and inventive recipes 😀
What’s your favourite party favour from last week’s link-up?
A Passion for Pumpkins: 25 Pumpkin Smoothie Recipes – Urban Naturale
|Big Green Breakfast Bowl – Wholehearted Eats|
Triple-click the html code to the right then copy and paste to show off the Blender Party featured posts button on your posts or sidebar.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party Guidelines:
For full blog party explanation, guidelines and giveaway rules please click here.
- The Weekend Wholefood Blender Party will start at 12pm Sundays and end at 8pm Thursdays (AEST). Enter up to 3 links for your juices, smoothies, teas, fermented drinks etc. (see here for more info). Link to your specific post and link back to the party, with a text link or button (available on the sidebar). Please leave a comment and visit some other posted links that pique your interest. The social media tags #wwbp or #wholefoodblenderparty may be used to promote the party with your followers.
- Three featured posts will be chosen each week, based on link clicks. Posts are also promoted on the Om Nom Ally social media channels including the Blender Party Pinterest board. Only posts linking back to the Blender Party are eligible for promotion and features.
- Each Blender Party post you link up in February is worth 10 competition entries, with a maximum of 30 entries available per week (3 post links) into the February $50 prize draw. To be eligible for entry the post must link back to the Blender Party and all posts are moderated prior to the prize draw on the 1st Wednesday of March.
- A bonus monthly $30 voucher is available for both readers and bloggers who share the Blender Party through social media, available once daily for 1 entry each. Click here for full details and use the Rafflecopter form towards the end of this post to complete your giveaway entries during February.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party (11)
Ally’s Party Favour: Pomegranate & Pear Kefir Spritzer
I drink water kefir daily, and sometimes it’s nice to dress it up a little! This non-alcoholic beverage is a healthy take on the classic white wine spritzer, with coconut water, fresh fruit and water kefir taking the place of wine and soda water. You’ll need a blender and a fine sieve or nut milk bag to enjoy this recipe, then serve over whole or crushed ice. Alternatively, just blend all ingredients for a refreshing summer slushie.
- 2 cups prepared water kefir
- 1½ cups coconut water
- 1 large pear, cored
- Arils of one large pomegranate, reserve one tablespoon
- 1 lemon, halved
- Ice cubes
- Add water kefir, coconut water pear and pomegranate arils to bowl of blender. Peel one lemon half and add to the blender. Blend on high until smooth. Strain through a sieve or nut milk bag into a 1 litre bottle. You may drink immediately by following the rest of the instructions, or seal and leave at room temperature for another day / refrigerate for a up to a week for a delicious pomegranate fermented soda.
- If serving immediately, fill four glasses ¼ full with ice. Pour over pomegranate and pear kefir to fill. Slice remaining lemon half thinly for garnish and place in glasses, drop in a few pomegranate arils and serve immediately..
This post is also linked to: Recipe Sharing Monday, Aussie Giveaway Linkup,