Happy Australia Day to my fellow Aussies! Hope you’re having a lovely day of sunshine, beachtime and picnics 🙂
In terms of blogging (and besides a midweek recipe post), I had a week of silence this past week. This was all due to exams and lots of assignments due, so you’ll have to excuse me for the lateness in catching up on comments and Facebook conversations. It’s all for a good reason I promise, as I will be a qualified naturopath by the end of 2014!
I’ve been checking up on the blender party throughout the week however and am so amazed by the delicious recipes being linked up each week, both by familiar faces and some new ones 🙂 You’re all stars and make this link party so much fun to run!
While I was in a study bubble last week, some wonderful bloggers brought fantastic party favours to week 9 of the Weekend Wholefood Blender Party. One blogger got so excited she brought along ten fabulous smoothie recipes! Thanks to Once Upon A Time In A Bed Of Wildflowers and Urban Naturale for the featured posts from last week and a special mention to The Scent of Oranges for all the amazing smoothie recipes linked up for the party 🙂 There was a flavour combo to please all palates and I tried quite a few of them last week! For all bloggers, please remember to follow the party guidelines to the chance to be featured (and soon for the chance to win monthly prizes…. more info coming soon!).
What’s your favourite party favour from last week’s round up?
Spiced Wine for Imbolc – Once Upon a Time
in a Bed of Wildflowers
|Finer than Wine: Delicious Beet Juice
& Smoothie Recipes– Urban Naturale
Dandelion, Strawberry, Mango Detox Smoothie –
Triple-click the html code to the right then copy and paste to show off the Blender Party featured posts button on your posts or sidebar.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party Guidelines:
- This link party will start at 12pm Sundays and end at 8pm Thursdays (AEST).
- Enter up to 3 links on relavent topics (juices, smoothies, teas, fermented drinks – see here for more info). The post may be your newest, or from your archive – it doesn’t matter, we want to see it! Linked recipes should focus on wholefood, unrefined and unprocessed ingredients.
- Link to your specific post for each entry, not the main page of your blog. Enter your post description in the “NAME” space on this form (not YOUR name). Please do not add links that promote giveaways, online shops or other link parties.
- You must link back to the party, either through a text link or button on your post (available below in two sizes). Leave a comment on the link-up page if you like and visit some other posted links that pique your interest – it’s a community event after-all! Mentioning the link-up on social media is encouraged (#wwbp or #wholefoodblenderparty) and will help this event grow to build a strong community based on real food recipes.
- Every week I will pick 3 posts to feature on the Blender Party post. By entering your link, you are giving permission to use any part of your post (including images) in a spotlight on Om Nom Ally. Proper credit and links will always be given to you. Posts are also promoted on the Om Nom Ally social media channels and added to the Weekend Wholefood Blender Party Pinterest board.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party (10)
Ally’s Party Favour: Whole Beet Juice with Apple, Celery & Ginger
- 2 small beets with leaves, washed
- 2 green apples, washed and cored
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, washed
- 2cm piece of ginger, peeled
- Cut leafy or stalk sections of beets and celery into 5-10cm sections. Feed into juicer first followed by rest of ingredients. Drink straight or diluted 50:50 with spring water or coconut water.