Woohoo the heatwave is over in Melbourne! That was… not fun. I could elaborate and generally have a big whinge, but instead I’m just enjoying this much more agreeable 23 degree day and feeling thankful for all the cooling and hydrating summer foods available here lately. Melons, pineapple, grapes, cucumbers, lettuce, celery, tomatoes and carrots – you’re all heatwave smoothie and juicing lifesavers!
The motto of the Weekend Wholefood Blender Party is “We drink real food!”. It’s like a Tupperware party for healthy foodies except the only thing we’re trying to sell you is the desire to make the most nutritious and amazing drinks on the planet!
Feel free to post your real drink recipes, share wellness advice, find new blogs and meet new people. I’ll be posting a recipe weekly as well, pinning all the linked posts to the Blender Party Pinterest board and selecting 3 entries to highlight from the previous week’s post.
It was smoothie fever at the Wholefood Blender Party last week as far as you were all concerned! The three featured party favours from week 8 (as voted by your clicks and visits) were also my favourites with fresh seasonal fruit flavours in abundance.
What’s your favourite party favour from last week’s round up?
Creamy Pineapple Smoothie – Girl On Greens
|Green Key Lime Pie Smoothie Recipe– Practical Stewardship|
Sparkling Black Cherry Pie Smoothie –
Triple-click the html code to the right then copy and paste to show off the Blender Party featured posts button on your posts or sidebar.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party Guidelines:
- This link party will start at 12pm Sundays and end at 8pm Thursdays (AEST).
- Enter up to 3 links on relavent topics (juices, smoothies, teas, fermented drinks – see here for more info). The post may be your newest, or from your archive – it doesn’t matter, we want to see it! Linked recipes should focus on wholefood, unrefined and unprocessed ingredients.
- Link to your specific post for each entry, not the main page of your blog. Enter your post description in the “NAME” space on this form (not YOUR name). Please do not add links that promote giveaways, online shops or other link parties.
- You must link back to the party, either through a text link or button on your post (available below in two sizes). Leave a comment on the link-up page if you like and visit some other posted links that pique your interest – it’s a community event after-all! Mentioning the link-up on social media is encouraged (#wwbp or #wholefoodblenderparty) and will help this event grow to build a strong community based on real food recipes.
- Every week I will pick 3 posts to feature on the Blender Party post. By entering your link, you are giving permission to use any part of your post (including images) in a spotlight on Om Nom Ally. Proper credit and links will always be given to you. Posts are also promoted on the Om Nom Ally social media channels and added to the Weekend Wholefood Blender Party Pinterest board.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party (9)
EDIT 21/01/14: Please remember you can link UP TO 3 recipes each week to the party. This limit is to allow for other bloggers to get involved and expand their readership and blog traffic. On future occasions I may choose to delete additional links after the first three in line with the party guidelines. Please also include a link on your page as a common courtesy and to help your readers find their way to the party. I read and comment all of your blog posts, so if you link back to here it will sincerely brighten up my day![inlinkz_linkup id=362721]
Ally’s Party Favour: Tropical Plum Smoothie
- 3 plums, pitted
- 2 kiwi fruit, skinned
- Flesh of 1 mango
- 1 banana
- 1 cup coconut water
- ¼ cup fresh pineapple juice
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- Add all ingredients to blender jug and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Serve in two tall glasses and top with more bee pollen.