Dinner needn’t be difficult. Or time consuming.
There are time when I feel like putting some effort into weeknight dining. I arrange little dinner parties for two some nights with nibbly entrees before a filling main and a bowl of home-made ice-cream or whatever I’ve been baking. Other times, I wish to wave my hand and someone throw me a bowl of something spectacular while I veg out on the couch. Being the cook in the house, that just never happens though.
Luckily all it takes to make a tasty pumpkin soup is 5 ingredients, 1 saucepan, 1 blender and 15 minutes. Preparing pumpkin soup really is as easy (or as difficult) as you feel like making it; this recipe even cheats a little by having a Tuscan herb mix as one of ingredients. You can even further pare this down to 4 ingredients if you use liquid stock (instead of water + powdered stock).
So get cooking – in 15 minutes you too could be enjoying a creamy pumpkin soup seasoned with aromatic garlic, rosemary, thyme and sage!
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 5cm cubes
- 2 cups water + 2 tsp stock powder (or 2 cups liquid stock)
- 2 tsp Tuscan herb seasoning
- ½ cup milk (see notes)
- Add water and pumpkin to a medium sized saucepan. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook, with lid on for 8 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Take saucepan off heat, add milk and stir well. Pour into blender and process until smooth.
Latest posts by Alison Murray (see all)
- Squid & Chorizo Salad with Bitter Greens + Smoked Paprika Aioli - February 11, 2015
- Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles - February 2, 2015
- Easy Blender Apple Cider Vinegar Aioli - January 28, 2015
- Book Review: Make Peace With Your Plate – Jess Ainscough - January 18, 2015
- Mexican Chilli-Rubbed Steak with Corn Salsa - January 14, 2015