Dinner needn’t be difficult. Or time consuming.
There are time when I feel like putting some effort into weeknight dining. I arrange little dinner parties for two some nights with nibbly entrees before a filling main and a bowl of home-made ice-cream or whatever I’ve been baking. Other times, I wish to wave my hand and someone throw me a bowl of something spectacular while I veg out on the couch. Being the cook in the house, that just never happens though.
Luckily all it takes to make a tasty pumpkin soup is 5 ingredients, 1 saucepan, 1 blender and 15 minutes. Preparing pumpkin soup really is as easy (or as difficult) as you feel like making it; this recipe even cheats a little by having a Tuscan herb mix as one of ingredients. You can even further pare this down to 4 ingredients if you use liquid stock (instead of water + powdered stock).
So get cooking – in 15 minutes you too could be enjoying a creamy pumpkin soup seasoned with aromatic garlic, rosemary, thyme and sage!
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 5cm cubes
- 2 cups water + 2 tsp stock powder (or 2 cups liquid stock)
- 2 tsp Tuscan herb seasoning
- ½ cup milk (see notes)
- Add water and pumpkin to a medium sized saucepan. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook, with lid on for 8 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Take saucepan off heat, add milk and stir well. Pour into blender and process until smooth.
More Great Food Articles From Around the Net
Latest posts by Alison Murray (see all)
- Product Review: Enjo Kitchen Care - September 1, 2014
- Anti-Inflammatory Carrot & Three Ginger Soup - August 4, 2014
- Wholefood Blender Party (21) + Creamy Kiwi Apple Smoothie - August 1, 2014
- Sourdough Bread for Beginners - July 27, 2014
- Making a Sourdough Starter From Scratch – Day 7 + Sourdough Banana Choc Nib Waffles - July 26, 2014