Can I just say how marvelous it is to be back in the food blogging world? I’ve had so many people reach out the past week, and don’t worry, I missed you all too. We’re back today for another fabulous Wholefood Blender Party, and I can’t wait to see what wonderful wholefood drinks you’ve been enjoying lately!
Feel free to post your real drink recipes, share wellness advice, find new blogs and meet new people. I’ll be posting a recipe during the month as well, pinning all the linked posts to the Blender Party Pinterest board and selecting 3 entries to highlight from the previous post. Please also note, I’ve also started a new beverages Pinterest group board for anyone interested in contributing, follow me on Pinterest and then drop me an email with your Pinterest handle at email@example.com for an invite. Once you’ve joined, feel free to invite your friends too!
It was a smoothie heavy blender party last week, with two of our features, and five out of the six recipes linked up being delicious, superfood rich smoothies. That’s not all we had going on though, and I implore you to check out the refreshing and cooling Cherry Mint Spritzer by Almost Bananas (as well as her Apricot Juice Syrup with a fermented ingredient option). If it’s really the healthy smoothies you’re craving however check out out features, a Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie by In Search of Yummyness or a Kale and Spinach Smoothie by My Juice Cleanse Recipes, or any of the other links from last week’s Blender Party.
What was your favourite party favour from the last link-up?
Cherry Mint Spritzer by Almost Bananas
Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe by In Search of Yummyness
Kale and Spinach Smoothie by My Juice Cleanse Recipes
Wholefood Blender Party Guidelines:
For full blog party explanation and guidelines please click here.
- The Wholefood Blender Party will start at 12pm on the 1st of each month and close at 8pm on the 21st of each month (AEST). Enter up to 5 links for your juices, smoothies, teas, fermented drinks etc. (see here for more info). Alternatively link up your Instagram post and include the hashtag #wholefoodblenderparty on your photo.
- You must link back to this party on your recipe post, and post a link to this month’s Blender Party on your Facebook or Pinterest account. We’re really into the ‘bring a friend’ mentality at this party! The social media tag #wholefoodblenderparty may be used to help your followers find more posts.
- Three featured posts will be chosen each from each party to be promoted at the next gathering. By linking up and joining in the festivities you agree to being contacted about future Wholefood Blender Parties.
Wholefood Blender Party (21)
Guess what? You can now use your Instragram account to add suitable posts from your feed. Use the InLinkz tool below and click on the Instragram logo to add your post.
[inlinkz_linkup id=432151 mode=1]
Ally’s Party Favour: Creamy Kiwi Apple Smoothie
With avocado and banana, this smoothie is rich, creamy and filling – it’s almost a ‘thickie’! I love the satisfyingly tangy taste of kiwi, apple and lemon and enjoy making this smoothie extra, extra thick – something easily done using simple ingredients from your fruit bowl of pantry.
- Flesh of 1 medium avocado
- 1 medium banana
- 1 green apple, quartered and cored
- 2 kiwi fruit
- 1 cucumber
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 - 1½ cups spring or filtered water
Optional extras: add one of these to the recipe for an even creamier smoothie (may change suitability for some dietary needs/choices)
- ½ tbsp flax meal/LSA
- 2 tbsp rolled oats (not paleo/gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt or milk kefir (not vegan/dairy-free)
- 1 extra banana/avocado
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Use frozen banana instead of room temperature
- Handful of activated cashews
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a high powered blender (such as the Optimum blender range). Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Add some of the optional ingredients to make your smoothie even thicker and creamier.
- Serve in two tall glasses and enjoy.