Happy weekend everyone! What’s been going on in your fabulous world the past seven days? We finally bought a new fridge for our place which came on Friday – it’s already full to the brim! The heatwave here in Melbourne has also broken, which makes my refreshing and cooling Watermelon & Basil Slushy feel a bit redundant today.
I’ve spent all week complaining loudly about sweltering in the heat so I’m going to enjoy this lycopene-rich slushy anyway and try to image I’m on a tropical beach somewhere 😉 The Weekend Wholefood Blender Party is a bit of a tropical paradise for me, as it’s where we can all share our favourite wholefood drink recipes.
Feel free to post your real drink recipes, share wellness advice, find new blogs and meet new people. I’ll be posting a recipe weekly as well, pinning all the linked posts to the Blender Party Pinterest board and selecting 3 entries to highlight from the previous week’s post. The February giveaway is still running, please feel free to enter before you leave – check the updated guidelines as Pinterest has changed their policies in the last two weeks.
Last week’s linked up recipes featured some of my favourite ingredients, with antioxidant-rich pomegranates in Urban Naturale’s Pomegranate Power Smoothie, anti-cancer and high flavonoid raspberries in Coconut and Berries Raspberry Almond Smoothie, and vitamin-C bursting oranges in I Spy Plum Pie’s Citrus Iced Tea.
Thanks for joining in the Blender Party last week everyone, you all brought along such delicious and inventive recipes 😀
What’s your favourite party favour from last week’s link-up?
Pomegranate Power Smoothie –
Raspberry Almond Smoothie –
Coconut and Berries
Triple-click the html code to the right then copy and paste to show off the Blender Party featured posts button on your posts or sidebar.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party Guidelines:
For full blog party explanation, guidelines and giveaway rules please click here.
- The Weekend Wholefood Blender Party will start at 12pm Sundays and end at 8pm Thursdays (AEST). Enter up to 3 links for your juices, smoothies, teas, fermented drinks etc. (see here for more info). Link to your specific post and link back to the party, with a text link or button (available on the sidebar). Please leave a comment and visit some other posted links that pique your interest. The social media tags #wwbp or #wholefoodblenderparty may be used to promote the party with your followers.
- Three featured posts will be chosen each week. Posts are also promoted on the Om Nom Ally social media channels including the Blender Party Pinterest board. Only posts linking back to the Blender Party are eligible for promotion and features.
- Each Blender Party post you link up in February is worth 10 competition entries, with a maximum of 30 entries available per week (3 post links) into the February $50 prize draw. A bonus monthly $30 voucher is available for both readers and bloggers who share the Blender Party through social media, available once daily for 1 entry each. Click here for full details and use the Rafflecopter form towards the end of this post to complete your giveaway entries during February.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party (13)
All participating bloggers are eligible for entries in the $50 voucher giveaway, with a total of 3 recipes per week. Additionally, bloggers and readers may also complete entries for the bonus $30 voucher prizes by sharing the Blender Party via Twitter by using the following Rafflecopter form.
Ally’s Party Favour: Watermelon & Basil Slushy
Basil and lime brighten and lift the flavour of lycopene-rich watermelon in this slushy recipe. While you can use chilled watermelon from your fridge for this drink, try freezing your watermelon overnight for an extra-icy, refreshing summer slushie experience.
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 1½ cups ice cubes
- juice of one lime
- 2-3 basil leaves, finely minced
- Chill or freezer watermelon overnight.
- Add all ingredients to bowl of a blender and blend until smooth. Spoon into two glasses and serve immediately.
Latest posts by Alison Murray (see all)
- Recipe Redux: Choc Chip Protein Banana Bread - November 22, 2015
- The Recipe Redux: Salted Date and Cashew Energy Balls - October 22, 2015
- Pucker Up Lemon Coconut Protein Bars - October 12, 2015
- Product Review: The Ultimate Australian Wellness Bundle - October 6, 2015
- Immune Boosting Garden Herb Stock - October 4, 2015