I’m so ready for this weekend, it’s been a terrible week for me! I’ve been running on very little sleep due to a few late night occurrences (including a snoring boyfriend, a barking dog and a car crash outside our house one night) and this weekend is hopefully going to be a restorative one. As of this week I’ve also changed up the day the Blender Party commences on, to better fit into my work/study schedule so please note that it’s now a Friday-Thursday event.
Feel free to post your real drink recipes, share wellness advice, find new blogs and meet new people. I’ll be posting a recipe weekly as well, pinning all the linked posts to the Blender Party Pinterest board and selecting 3 entries to highlight from the previous week’s post. The February giveaway is still running, please feel free to enter before you leave – check the updated guidelines as Pinterest has changed their policies in the last few days.
As of tonight February has come to a close, which also means the Blender Party giveaway for this month has finished and you can all wait with baited breath to see who wins the $50 and $30 prizes next Wednesday! Based on the response on the giveaway, I might make this a regular thing and host a giveaway of some kind every few months. I love to give back for all your hard work!
There was eleven fabulous recipes shared last week (you can check them all out here) with hot chocolate, smoothies, soda and some blender soup! Check out the post, the featured links below of the Pinterest board to catch up on any recipes you missed. I’d like to thank everyone for joining in the Blender Party and to our featured contributors Sift, Stir & Savour, Made to Glow and Apples and Ginger.
What was your favourite party favour from last week’s link-up?
Apple Pecan Smoothie – Sift, Stir & Savour
Orange Burst Green Smoothie
– Made to Glow
Berry Power Protein Smoothie
– Apples and Ginger
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party Guidelines:
For full blog party explanation, guidelines and giveaway rules please click here.
- The Weekend Wholefood Blender Party will start at 8pm Saturdays and end at 8pm Thursdays (AEST). Enter up to 3 links for your juices, smoothies, teas, fermented drinks etc. (see here for more info). Link to your specific post and link back to the party, with a text link or button (available on the sidebar). Please leave a comment and visit some other posted links that pique your interest. The social media tags #wwbp or #wholefoodblenderparty may be used to promote the party with your followers.
- Three featured posts will be chosen each week. Posts are also promoted on the Om Nom Ally social media channels including the Blender Party Pinterest board. Only posts linking back to the Blender Party are eligible for promotion and features.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party (15)
[inlinkz_linkup id=377612 mode=1]
Ally’s Party Favour: Antiinflammatory Kiwi Tonic Juice
I promised in a recent post that I would share a few ways to use homemade, fermented pineapple vinegar. This juice tonic gets it’s health benefits from the antiinflammatory action of fresh kiwifruit, orange and pear mixed with swish of pineapple vinegar. It’s a simple and effective remedy to help lower inflammation in the body that has been linked to a plethora of health conditions. Kiwi fruit and pineapple are also rich in enzymes to aid optimum digestion.
- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 pear, cored
- 2 tsp fermented pineapple vinegar (optional, can be omitted)
- Juice the kiwi fruit, orange and pear with a slow juicer (I use and recommend the Optimum 400 slow juicer).
- Stir in two teaspoons of pineapple vinegar and drink immediately.