There’s suddenly 5 mouths to feed in this house now, as we adopted a Chihuahua x Jack Russell puppy on the weekend. This might explain why noone outside of work has heard ‘boo’ from me this week.
While there hasn’t been any recipe posts this week, the show will go on with the Weekend Wholefood Blender Party as I can’t stand to miss out on all your amazing wholefood recipes! We’ve also got two winners for our Blender Party February Giveaway – congrats to Deborah from Urban Naturale and John Healy, you’ve won $50 and $30 respectively!
Without further ado then, let’s get this party started 😉 Feel free to post your real drink recipes, share wellness advice, find new blogs and meet new people. I’ll be posting a recipe weekly as well, pinning all the linked posts to the Blender Party Pinterest board and selecting 3 entries to highlight from the previous week’s post.
There isn’t a smoothie in sight this week, after a few weeks of smoothie-heavy features. This time around it’s all about herbal and fruit teas and decadent hot chocolate with some Pomegranate & Mint Iced Tea from I Spy Plum Pie, Irish Hot Chocolate from Once Upon a Time In a Bed of Wildflowers and a guide on How to Make Nourishing Herbal Infusions from Tribal Mama. I’d like to shoutout a big thanks to our featured bloggers as well as everyone who linked up or visited the blender party last week. You guys are awesome 😉
What was your favourite party favour from last week’s link-up?
Pomegranate & Mint Iced Tea – I Spy Plum Pie
Irish Hot Chocolate
– Once Upon a Time in a Bed of Wildflowers
How to Make Nourishing Herbal Infusions
– Tribal Mama
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party Guidelines:
For full blog party explanation and guidelines please click here.
- The Weekend Wholefood Blender Party will start at 8pm Saturdays and end at 8pm Thursdays (AEST). Enter up to 3 links for your juices, smoothies, teas, fermented drinks etc. (see here for more info). Link to your specific post and link back to the party, with a text link or button (available on the sidebar). Please leave a comment and visit some other posted links that pique your interest. The social media tags #wwbp or #wholefoodblenderparty may be used to promote the party with your followers.
- Three featured posts will be chosen each week. Posts are also promoted on the Om Nom Ally social media channels including the Blender Party Pinterest board. Only posts linking back to the Blender Party are eligible for promotion and features.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party (16)
[inlinkz_linkup id=380765 mode=1]
Ally’s Party Favour: Purple Power Juice with Kale
You could also call this drink the ‘Anthocyanin Bomb’ as it’s choc-ful of these anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-cancer flavonoids! Use purple kale if you have it on hand to further boost the purple powder of this richly coloured juice.
- 1 cup loosely packed kale, stems removed
- 1 bunch purple Dutch carrots (or 2-3 medium purple carrots)
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup midnight grapes
- 1 cup coconut water
- Feed kale, carrots, blueberries and grapes through a slow juicer such as the Optimum 400 juicer.
- Mix with one cup coconut water and pour into a glass to enjoy.