Welcome to another Smoothie OTW! Each week we link up healthy, real food beverages we’ve made and loved recently to give you more ideas on how to enjoy making smoothies, juices or other home-made drinks. If you’re a blogger please feel free to join in the fun, it’s open to anyone. If you’re a reader then there’s always fantastic recipes and blogs to discover, I always find amazing new blog posts to read weekly!
Personally I’ve been flat out with work this week and then flat out in bed with the flu for a little while too. It’s a nasty one and seems to have knocked around half of our staff this week – everyone has been off work! One of the issues of working with so many people in the close quarters of a health food store is how much time we spend with each other in the company of sick customers. Luckily we have a herbal as well as a homoeopathic dispensary at our disposal for aiding a fast recovery!
The other trick up my sleeve is using food as medicine, check out the Immunity Juice at the end of the link-up if you’ve been feeling a bit run down lately.
Features from last week show you’re all in the mood for smoothies! Though Swirls and Spice admits she has an on-off relationship with smoothie-making, she’s hoping to make smoothies part of her regular routine with this Soothing Spiced Smoothie with Turmeric a convincing factor. Ragdoll Kitchen brings us a delightfully Spiced Holiday Smoothie and the recommendation to “grab a big fluffy cat for extra warmth’ this winter (a tip I would gladly put to use if I had her cat as my pet) while Made to Glow gives us two delicious summer treat recipes to savour the end of summer as well as her favourite reggae-inspired playlist!
Soothing Spiced Smoothie with Turmeric – Swirls and Spice
Spiced Holiday Smoothie – Ragdoll Kitchen
Tropical Treats – Made to Glow
Smoothie OTW Link-Up Guidelines:
- This link party will start at 12pm Sundays and end at 8pm Thursdays (AEST).
- Enter up to 3 links on relavent topics (see above). The post may be your newest, or from your archive – it doesn’t matter, we want to see it! Linked recipes should focus on wholefood, unrefined and unprocessed ingredients.
- Link to your specific post for each entry, not the main page of your blog. Enter your post description in the “NAME” space on this form (not YOUR name). Please do not add links that promote giveaways, online shops or other link parties.
- You must link back to the party, either through a text link or button on your post (available below in two sizes). Leave a comment on the link-up page if you like and visit some other posted links that pique your interest – it’s a community event after-all! Mentioning the link-up on social media is encouraged and will help this event grow to build a strong community based on real food recipes.
- Every week I will pick 3 posts to feature on the Smoothie OTW Link-Up post. By entering your link, you are giving permission to use any part of your post (including images) in a spotlight on Om Nom Ally. Proper credit and links will always be given to you. Posts are also promoted on the Om Nom Ally social media channels and added to the Smoothie OTW Pinterest board.
Smoothie OTW Link-Up (Week 5)[inlinkz_linkup id=349063] (Return to top)
Ally’s Smoothie OTW: Citrus, Apple & Ginger Immunity Juice
- 2 oranges
- 1 apple
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 lemon
- 2cm piece of ginger
- Juice all ingredients and drink immediately.