These may just look like small chocolate truffles, but inside each one is a grape explosion! I’m sure you’ve had the delectable pleasure of eating choc-dipped strawberries at some point in your lifetime. You may have even tried your hand at my Raw Choc-Dipped Oranges. Well my friend, these chocolate frozen grapes are a whole other realm of awesomeness!
The health benefits of grapes are well documented, with the skin of red grapes particularly rich in antioxidant resveratrol. Conversely, grapes are also one of the most heavily sprayed crops, so always aim to buy local and organic where available and able for the best health benefits. The same recommendation stands for wine as well by the way – as well as avoiding pesticides, 100% organic wines are free of added preservatives too.
While it’s definitely the frozen, juicy grape ‘burst’ that makes these choc-coated frozen grapes so amazingly addictive, there’s also the joy of messy chocolate hands thanks to a raw chocolate coating. All you need is a bowl to mix up this chocolate made from antioxidant rich cacao, acai, maca and lucuma. With such superfood ingredients it feels pretty guiltless to pop these in your mouth one by one… I hardly had enough left to take photos! If you don’t have the acai, maca or lucuma on hand, you can also just skip them. The recipe works equally well with just a tablespoon more cacao powder.
- 2 cups organic, red seedless grapes
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup raw, organic honey (OR maple syrup)
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp lucuma powder
- 1 tsp acai powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- Wash and dry grapes and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Place a shallow baking dish or medium plate in fridge or freezer to chill.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil with the rest of the ingredients until smooth and glossy.
- Remove the chilled tray or plate from freezer and tip grapes into raw chocolate mixture. Using clean hands, cover grapes in chocolate and then remove one by one, placing on the chilled tray. Place tray back in freezer and chill for at least 30min. Store choc-covered grapes in fridge of freezer.