It’s week seventeen of the Weekend Wholefood Blender Party and we’ve shared many a smoothie, juice, vitamin water, tea and hot chocolate… you guys are awesome! There’s been a few hot chocolate recipes over the past few weeks that have been piquing my interest, and this week I’m attempting one of my own with the help of my Optimum blender. You can check it out at the bottom of the post
In other news, Blender Party round-up post is coming up this week, I’ve been having great fun going back through all your posts while putting it together. I’ve also just started a new beverages Pinterest group board for anyone interested in contributing, follow me on Pinterest and then drop me an email with your Pinterest handle at firstname.lastname@example.org for an invite.
Without further ado, I’m going to turn on the music and the disco ball and we can get this party rolling! Feel free to post your real drink recipes, share wellness advice, find new blogs and meet new people. I’ll be posting a recipe weekly as well, pinning all the linked posts to the Blender Party Pinterest board and selecting 3 entries to highlight from the previous week’s post.
We’ve got a case of ‘Smoothie Madness’ this week, with three amazing party favours including a sweet and summery Strawberry Peach Green Smoothie from The Scent of Oranges, a nutritious and delicious Paleo Mango Lime Kombucha Smoothie from Tessa the Domestic Diva (who adapted one of my recent recipes) and a Fruity Berry Banana Green Smoothie from Urban Naturale including some of her winning smoothie tips! A big thanks to all three of your, and everyone who visited last week! You make this link-up barrels of fun
What was your favourite party favour from last week’s link-up?
Strawberry Peach Green Smoothie – The Scent of Oranges
Paleo Mango Lime Kombucha Smoothie
– Tessa the Domestic Diva
Fruity Berry Banana Green Smoothie
– Urban Naturale
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party Guidelines:
For full blog party explanation and guidelines please click here.
- The Weekend Wholefood Blender Party will start at 8pm Saturdays and end at 8pm Thursdays (AEST). Enter up to 3 links for your juices, smoothies, teas, fermented drinks etc. (see here for more info). Link to your specific post and link back to the party, with a text link or button (available on the sidebar). Please leave a comment and visit some other posted links that pique your interest. The social media tags #wwbp or #wholefoodblenderparty may be used to promote the party with your followers.
- Three featured posts will be chosen each week. Posts are also promoted on the Om Nom Ally social media channels including the Blender Party Pinterest board. Only posts linking back to the Blender Party are eligible for promotion and features.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party (17)
Ally’s Party Favour: Figgy Hot Chocolate Smoothie (In the Blender)
Would you believe me if I told you you could make hot chocolate with only your blender? The friction of the blades in a high-powered blender are great for heating up drinks, soups or sauces, like in this raw hot chocolate recipe. The addition of fig, ginger and cinnamon also bring along some extra sweetness and warmth. Use your favourite homemade nut or seed milk for a truly raw beverage, or some full cream, raw or milk kefir for us dairy drinkers out there!
- 1 cup milk of choice (I recommend homemade almond milk)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 medium fresh or dried fig
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground vanilla
- 1 tsp maca or lucuma powder (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a high powered blender (such as the Optimum blender series).
- Blend on high for approximately 3-5 minutes or until drink is warmed and fragrant. Pour into a mug, Sprinkle with extra cacao and and cinnamon and enjoy,
Latest posts by Alison Murray (see all)
- Honey Sunbutter Protein Balls - December 16, 2014
- Chicken Caesar Salad with Baked Chicken, Bacon & Garlic Croutons - December 14, 2014
- Easy Blender Caesar Dressing - December 1, 2014
- Mango Overnight Oats with Chia - November 24, 2014
- Turkish Apricot & Almond Protein Bars - November 21, 2014