I’ve been scambling to finish off multiple subjects this week, as the rollover for my new Naturopathy course starts next week and I want as much course credit as possible. And how’s that going, you might ask. My brain feels like mush. Since I haven’t been feeling too inspired in the kitchen with the pressure, I’ve been looking forward to this link-up all week, as all your past recipes have been fueling me through hard study sessions lately. So, lets get straight into it!
Feel free to post your real drink recipes, share wellness advice, find new blogs and meet new people. I’ll be posting a recipe weekly as well, pinning all the linked posts to the Blender Party Pinterest board and selecting 3 entries to highlight from the previous week’s post. Please also note, I’ve also started a new beverages Pinterest group board for anyone interested in contributing, follow me on Pinterest and then drop me an email with your Pinterest handle at email@example.com for an invite. Once you’ve joined, feel free to invite your blogger friends too!
We’ve got some juicing, a smoothie and an antioxidant-rich twist on chai tea to enjoy from last week’s features; my recommendation would be to make all three (I did!). First up, head over to Juicing with G for some fabulous beet juice recipes, enjoy some Ghee Rooibos Chai Tea from Almost Bananas and finish up the triad of good taste with a Raspberry Vanilla Smoothie from My Blissful Journey. Thanks for sharing your fabulous recipes everyone, you continue to delight me with you wonderful creations!
What was your favourite party favour from the last link-up?
The Beet Is On – Juicing With G
Ghee Rooibos Chai Tea – Almost Bananas
Raspberry Vanilla Smoothie - My Blissful Journey
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party Guidelines:
For full blog party explanation and guidelines please click here.
- The Weekend Wholefood Blender Party will start at 8pm Saturdays and end at 8pm Thursdays (AEST). Enter up to 3 links for your juices, smoothies, teas, fermented drinks etc. (see here for more info). Link to your specific post and link back to the party, with a text link or button (available on the sidebar). Please leave a comment and visit some other posted links that pique your interest. The social media tags #wwbp or #wholefoodblenderparty may be used to promote the party with your followers.
- Three featured posts will be chosen each week. Posts are also promoted on the Om Nom Ally social media channels including the Blender Party Pinterest board. Only posts linking back to the Blender Party are eligible for promotion and features.
Weekend Wholefood Blender Party (18)
Ally’s Party Favour: Grape Chia Jelly Shots
While I’m eager to throw chia seeds into just about everything, I often hear from customer at work that they want something a little different from blending up smoothies, fruit puddings or chia jam. The fastest way to slam down some extra protein, fibre and omega three essential fatty acids? A Chia-juice shot – just juice your favourite fruit, stir through some chia seeds and skoll those babies down!
- Green grapes (or red)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Juice enough grapes until you have 1 cup juice. Add chia seeds and stir well to combine. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes to allow chia seeds to swell.
- Pour into 4 shot glasses and serve.
Latest posts by Alison Murray (see all)
- Squid & Chorizo Salad with Bitter Greens + Smoked Paprika Aioli - February 11, 2015
- Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles - February 2, 2015
- Easy Blender Apple Cider Vinegar Aioli - January 28, 2015
- Book Review: Make Peace With Your Plate – Jess Ainscough - January 18, 2015
- Mexican Chilli-Rubbed Steak with Corn Salsa - January 14, 2015